Langfields provide Advanced Welding & Pressure Equipment for the Chemical, Waste to energy, Hydrogen, Nuclear, and many other sectors. Based in Salford, we also have facilities in Caithness, Deephaven, Dunfermline, Tamworth, Warrington, and Worksop. Langfields are a growing business, offering an exciting and challenging career with progression and development opportunities within the business.
We have an exciting opportunity for Fabricators to join our team at our Salford facility. The successful candidates will be responsible for cutting, preparation and fabrication of product to a high standard, ensuring all non-conformities are reported to supervisory staff.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Fabricator is responsible for:
- Establishing a good working relationship with managers, supervisors, QC personnel and support staff and colleagues to ensure the efficient performance of assigned tasks.
- Ensuring that assigned tasks are performed to relevant procedures, specifications and drawings.
- Ensuring that their assigned tasks are performed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Selection, inspection and use of equipment, plant and tools appropriate to the task.
- Adopting the safe use of fabrication machinery and overhead cranes as necessary.
- Ensuring that a permit to work is obtained where necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in the work area and reporting any hazards.
- Responsible for first line inspection of work to ensure it is of good quality.
- The application of all relevant environmental/quality/safety procedures in the performance of assigned tasks and report any non-conformities to immediate supervisor.
- Assisting in general tasks throughout the fabrication facilities as deemed necessary by management.
- Comply at all times with Langfields policies, procedures and PPE requirements.
Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience on Recruitment
Relevant time served qualification with some experience in the fabrication / engineering industry is preferred.