Langfields also have an exciting opportunity for a Fabricator to join our team at our Salford facility.
To support in the overall delivery of the Group’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards. Responsible for cutting, preparation and fabrication of product to a high standard, from both an operational and quality perspective.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Fabricator is responsible for:
- Establishing a good working relationship with managers, supervisors, QC personnel and support staff and colleagues to ensure the efficient performance of assigned tasks.
- Ensuring that assigned tasks are performed to relevant procedures, specifications and drawings.
- Ensuring that their assigned tasks are performed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Selection, inspection and use of equipment, plant and tools appropriate to the task.
- Adopting the safe use of fabrication machinery and overhead cranes as necessary.
- Ensuring that a permit to work is obtained where necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in the work area and reporting any hazards.
- Responsible for first line inspection of work to ensure it is of good quality.
- The application of all relevant environmental/quality/safety procedures in the performance of assigned tasks and report any non-conformities to immediate supervisor.
- Assisting in general tasks throughout the fabrication facilities as deemed necessary by management.
- Comply at all times with Langfields policies, procedures and PPE requirements.
Compliance with and commitment to:
- Langfields Quality Policy and Quality Management System Procedures
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Working in accordance with the defined health, safety and environmental arrangements deemed necessary by risk assessments, and safety information and training provided.
- Assisting in risk assessments, safety inspections and incident and accident investigations as required.
- Using any machinery, equipment, dangerous substance, transport equipment, means of production or safety device provided in accordance with the training and instructions received.
- Reporting to their supervisor or manager, HS&E hazards and any areas where the existing health, safety and environmental arrangements fail to adequately reduce risks to an acceptable level.
- Employees at all levels may stop work if they have concerns regarding the systems of work and consider there is a risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
- Employees to make suggestions on improvements on health, safety and environment matters to their supervisor/line manager/HSE advisors
Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience on Recruitment
Relevant time served qualification with some experience in the fabrication / engineering industry is preferred.