Langfields have an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our team, remote, hybrid and on-site options are available across the UK.
To support in the overall delivery of the Group’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
Responsible for the receipt, control, preparation and estimating of enquiries and invitation to tender done in such a manner as to ensure an effective and timeous response to prospective clients.
Responsible for ensuring that accurate records and archiving systems are maintained for enquiries and tenders to ensure that all information is readily retrievable.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Estimator is responsible for:
- Establishing good working relationships with all managers and supervisors to ensure that information is readily available so that all enquiries and tenders can be responded to efficiently.
- Acting as a liaison between the company and client for the purpose of clarification of tenders/enquiries.
- The receipt of enquiries and invitations to tender received by Langfields including:
- Registering receipt of enquiries/tenders on the enquiry register.
- Estimating the cost of enquiries /tenders received by Langfields.
- Accurately costing of enquiries/tenders and passing relevant information onto management for decision whether to bid or not based upon customer requirements and company capability.
- Ensuring the quality and consistency of information provided by the Sales/Estimating department.
- Monitoring the progress of enquiries/tenders with the client and reporting market intelligence to the Sales Manager.
- To actively seek new clients and sales opportunities.
- To promote the Group’s and Langfields manufacturing and service capabilities.
- Liaising with other relevant departments within Langfields to ensure the contract is delivered within budget.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Langfields and is within the remit of this post.
- Compliance with and commitment to:
- Langfields Quality Policies and Quality Management System Procedures
- Ensuring the arrangements defined in the health, safety and environmental policies and procedures are implemented.
- Reviewing/undertaking risk assessments and ensuring controls are implemented.
- Co-operating with investigation teams to enable thorough investigation to be carried out.
- Undertaking safety inspections to ensure safety arrangements and control measures are complied with.
- Reporting to their Senior Manager on health, safety and environmental performance and advising of any areas where risks are not adequately controlled by the existing health, safety and environmental arrangements.
- Reporting improvements to the health, safety and environmental arrangements or control measures.
- Consulting with Managers and Supervisors on Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Promote improvement suggestions with employees on health, safety and environment matters.
Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience on Recruitment
A minimum five years experience within engineering or fabrication is preferred.