Langfields are delighted to announce that we have nominated Mind in Salford as our charity of the year for the Salford Facility. Mind in Salford are a mental health charity who provide vital services to those in need of support. They also campaign to dispel the stigma around mental health.
Langfields understand that most of us will experience issues with mental health at some point in our lives and it’s important that we’re able to talk to someone about our struggles / battles and get the help that we need.
As our charity of the year, any money we raise will be used to provide support services and help Mind continue the vital work they do in our community.
Some examples of how our support will directly help:
- Cover cost of phone calls with trained debt advisers
- Provide mental health information booklets
- Cover the cost of mental health awareness courses
- Funding of help sessions where trained advocates will empower vulnerable people in Salford to resolve an issue causing mental distress
- Train volunteer mindfulness champions to deliver free stress reduction sessions throughout the community.
To find out more about the charity and the great work they put in around Greater Manchester and help us end the stigma surrounding mental health then click on the following link to visit their website – Mind in Salford