Due to continued growth within the Langfields Group we have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Estimator to join the team in our Dunfermline Facility. Apply by sending your CV and covering letter in Word format to email@example.com, quoting SE Dunf
Langfields provide Advanced Welding & Pressure Equipment solutions for the Chemical, Nuclear & Oilfield Sectors. Based in Dunfermline Fife, we also have facilities in Salford & Tamworth. Langfields offer an exciting and challenging career with progression and development opportunities within the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Sales Estimator is responsible for:
- Establishing good working relationships with all managers and supervisors to ensure that information is readily available so that all enquiries and tenders can be responded to efficiently.
- Acting as a liaison between the company and client for the purpose of clarification of tenders/enquiries.
- The receipt of enquiries and invitations to tender received by Langfields including:
- Registering receipt of enquiries/tenders on the enquiry register.
- Estimating the cost of enquiries /tenders received by Langfields.
- Accurately costing of enquiries/tenders and passing relevant information onto management for decision whether to bid or not based upon customer requirements and company capability.
- Ensuring the quality and consistency of information provided by the Sales/Estimating department.
- Monitoring the progress of enquiries/tenders with the client and reporting market intelligence to the Estimating Manager.
- To actively seek new clients and sales opportunities.
- To promote the Group’s and Langfields manufacturing and service capabilities.
- Liaising with other relevant departments within Langfields to ensure the contract is delivered within budget.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Langfields and is within the remit of this post.
Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience on Recruitment
- A minimum 2 years experience within engineering or fabrication is preferred.