Langfields provide Advanced Welding & Pressure Equipment for the Chemical, Waste to energy, Hydrogen, Nuclear, Oilfield & many other sectors. Based in Salford, we also have facilities in Dunfermline (Fife), Tamworth, Warrington, the Highlands and Worksop. Langfields offer an exciting and challenging career with progression and development opportunities within the business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a QC Inspector to join our team in the Dunfermline facility.
Working under the business QA/QC Manager, a shop-floor inspector is required for day-to-day inspection and quality control of a busy fabrication workshop focussing on pressure equipment manufacture. The ideal candidate will be proactive, resourceful, willing to learn and implement improvements, conscientious and decisive, able to confidently uphold standards of quality to ensure only compliant products reach customers.
- Visual Weld Inspection qualification, Level II minimum (CSWIP/PCN)
- Understanding of NDT methods (MT/PT/RT/UT), ability to liaise with NDT companies to arrange testing
- Experience of inspection of mechanical equipment, preferably pressure equipment
- Dimensional inspection and control
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and extrapolate essential information
- Experience of welding surveillance
- Non-conformance raising, logging, follow-up and close-out
- Inspection & Test Plan (ITP)/Quality Plan (QP) control
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience performing PMI
- Control/Review of Welder qualifications
- Experience of coating inspection
- Dye Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection Qualifications (PCN Level II minimum)
- Thread gauging
- Ability to work proactively under own initiative while reporting to management
- Desire to ensure compliance in all areas of the business
- Ability to read specifications and interpret requirements and provide technical justification for decisions
- Ability to multitask and track progress of multiple jobs at once
- Good interpersonal skills with strong mindset in the face of opposition