Langfields have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our team at our Salford facility.
To support in the overall delivery of the Group’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
The role of the Project Engineer is to ensure that projects under their direct management are delivered safely, within budget, on time, in accordance with specification and in a manner that exceeds Langfields and the client requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Engineer is responsible for:
- Delivery of projects safely, on schedule, to specification and within budget
- Ensuring that the company exposure to risk is minimised
- Ensuring that the client’s requirements are understood, agreed and clearly communicated to all involved on the project.
- Ensuring that Langfields and Client’s quality requirements are clearly understood, communicated and achieved.
- The generation, execution and revision of project plans, schedules and reporting requirements.
- Establishing close internal working relationships with other managers, engineering, production & QC staff, to enable him to fulfil his role in achieving the project objectives.
- Establish a close external working relationship with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers and Third-Party Verification Bodies to enable him to achieve the project objectives.
- Providing direction, supervision and support to project staff ensuring their optimum operational efficiency and to encourage the company continuous improvement philosophy.
- Managing the project budget by ensuring the project is run in a cost effective and controlled manner.
- Managing the day to day operational aspects of the project work scope
- Providing for continual improvement analysis, performance feedback information to the QA dept in the areas of external, internal and supplier performance
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Langfields and is within the remit of this post.
Compliance with and commitment to:
- Langfields Quality Policies and Quality Management System Procedures
- Ensuring the arrangements defined in the health, safety and environmental policies and procedures are implemented.
- Undertaking safety inspections to ensure safety arrangements and control measures are complied with.
- Reporting to their Senior Manager on health, safety and environmental performance and advising of any areas where risks are not adequately controlled by the existing health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Reporting improvements to the health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Consulting with Managers and Supervisors on Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Promote improvement suggestions with employees on health, safety and environment matters.
Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience on Recruitment
1-2 years industry experience or experience of working in a similar role