Langfields provide Advanced Welding & Pressure Equipment for the Chemical, Waste to energy, Hydrogen, Nuclear, Oilfield & many other sectors. Based in Salford, we also have facilities in Dunfermline (Fife), Tamworth and Warrington. Langfields offer an exciting and challenging career with progression and development opportunities within the business.
We are looking to add a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to our QAQC team in the Dunfermline facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing good working relationships with all managers, supervisors, production, and QC/QA personnel to ensure effective operation of all QA activities throughout Langfields.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Lead Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for:
- Assist with the maintenance of Langfields QMS.
- The preparation of all Langfields Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) and other quality related documentation for issue to client.
- The compilation of Manufacturing Records, Documentation & Certification for final presentation to the client
- Ensuring all Material Certification & Reports are present and correct.
- Processing & ensuring NDT reports are present and correct.
- Scanning / Indexing completed Data Books.
- Collating scanned Material Certificates.
- Perform internal audits to ensure QMS requirements are being upheld, including reporting to management on any findings noted, ensuring timely and efficient close-out of actions.
- Lead/assist in external audits from accreditation bodies, clients, and industry bodies.
- Raise Non-conformance reports (NCR), instigate root cause analysis investigations and follow up corrective and preventative actions and timely close-out.
- Review client and project specifications for Quality related requirements and incorporate these requirements into working documentation.
- Prepare quarterly reporting data for incorporation into Management Review for quality statistics, objectives and KPIs.
- Establishing good working relationships with all Managers, Production and Q/C Personnel to ensure efficient and timely compilation of all Manufacturing Records, Documentation & Certification.
- Communicating with the Client inspectors on a regular basis to ensure ongoing client review & approval of certification.
- Presentation of documentation to client in accordance with project specific requirements.
- Co-ordination of final quality checks on all equipment before it leaves the facility
- Create PESR documentation such as Form X and DOC and arrange ESR and IOM’s with the design team
- Final quality checking of all information presented to them prior to compilation into Manufacturing Record Books and or Certification Dossiers
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Langfields and is within the remit of this post.
- Comply at all times with Langfields policies, procedures and PPE requirements.
Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience on Recruitment
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role is preferred but not essential.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the ISO 9001 standard.