Langfields have been contracted by several clients to deploy our highly skilled and trained orbital welders to replace Incoloy 800HT reformer pigtails with our consistent, quality and high speed solution
Whilst many companies claim to have highly skilled welders who can produce quality welds on reformer plant shutdowns, the ability of these welders to achieve quality welds time and time again has come into question.
The welders, when working long hours on shutdowns in challenging conditions, can struggle to complete consistently high-quality welds for the duration of the shutdown. The conditions on plant and the welding positions of the joints leads to inconsistency of the weld profiles.
Langfields have developed and refined an orbital welding technique that delivers speed and consistent high-quality welds to the optimum weld profile.
- Manual welding time between 2hrs 45minutes & 3 hours to complete 6mm x 12mm fillet welds
- Orbital welding time – 31minutes to complete the same size fillet (wire changing time not included).
- Welds produced using the Orbital welding systems will consistently produce the same quality of joints at the start of the shift as at the end of a shift.
- Our clients are finding that not only does the quality of our orbital welding increase the time between change out of pigtails, but that our orbital welding can also offer a considerable reduction in the duration of the shutdowns.
- Langfields can mobilise teams on a global basis to undertake this work, most recently 12 welding systems – working on a 24/7 basis – offering a significant reduction in shutdown time.
For more information regarding our consistent, quality and high speed pigtail welding solutions get in touch via email@example.com